Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday again! This week's sampling is another snippet from my ya fantasy romance, FIRE AND ICE. Don't forget to visit www.sixsentencesunday for more tempting sixes!

photo credit: Letzte Schatten
I took a deep calming breath, drying my sweaty palms on the filmy fabric of my dress. It felt weightless, as though spun with spider webbing. I didn’t want to think about it too long because here, that was a viable possibility. The sunlight blinded me as I wandered the convoluted path, and my heart was just beginning to return to its normal rhythm. I hadn’t taken more than ten steps before being halted by two elven men. They looked like guards, judging by the way they were armed to the hilt with arrows, swords and an assortment of knives that would make a ninja jealous.  

25 comments:

  1. "Fabric as weightless as spider webbing." What a wonderful description. Vivid and visual, which is the best kind of description. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this six, Michele! I can picture the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel her tension--great description! Lovely mental painting of her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful description and building tension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely visualisation here. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully Vivid. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the description of the dress and the counterpoint of the elvens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the description of her dress. Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, there's nothing like a well-armed elf. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The description of her dress was stunning. great 6

    ReplyDelete
  11. "It felt weightless, as though spun with spider webbing." - love that line! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ninjas vs. Elves, that's one I haven't heard before. I can already see the tshirts!

    My geekery aside, lovely description. :)

    ~Xakara
    Dawn's Early Light 6SS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your descriptions and voice are wonderful! A great six!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the description of her dress. I could almost feel it under my palm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very vivid imagery! And her emotional turmoil shines through! Great Six!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's something haunting about this. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just 6 sentences and I already feel like I can step into your world. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You showed her hesitancy very well. I want to know if she's been there before. She doesn't seemed surprised to see the elven guards. Very nice six. I want to read more of this story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great six! I love the "assortment of knives that would make a ninja jealous" that's most be an impressive set of knives.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great description and wonderful world-building. Love that she thinks a spider-webbing dress is a possibility in this realm.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is beautiful descriptive writing, particularly about the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful description. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved the description of her dress. Great 6!

    ReplyDelete