Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday again! This week's sampling is another snippet from my ya fantasy romance, FIRE AND ICE. Don't forget to visit www.sixsentencesunday for more tempting sixes!

photo credit: Letzte Schatten
I took a deep calming breath, drying my sweaty palms on the filmy fabric of my dress. It felt weightless, as though spun with spider webbing. I didn’t want to think about it too long because here, that was a viable possibility. The sunlight blinded me as I wandered the convoluted path, and my heart was just beginning to return to its normal rhythm. I hadn’t taken more than ten steps before being halted by two elven men. They looked like guards, judging by the way they were armed to the hilt with arrows, swords and an assortment of knives that would make a ninja jealous.